Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How They Do Try Me Sometimes ...


It is almost dark, and cold, and wet. I'm out along the fence picking some of the last dandelion greens of the year, can hardly see, and my hands are freezing. My pants are covered with rabbit fur from holding some of the 4-leggeds in my lap while the Bunny Lady cleaned the condos. Rubbing my wet cold hands on my drab furry pants balls up the fur and it sticks all over my hands and the dandelion greens. And I have not even gotten to the nasturtium bed or the chard patch for some of those leaves yet. I've come out every afternoon to pick this stuff for evening salads since it all started to grow again back last February, and it will probably keep growing enough to pick until after Thanksgiving. Being the Pacific Northwest, it will rain until then as well, and be wet and cold every late afternoon. Those Bunns better love me!

They do love the salads they get every evening though, courtesy of the Bunny Lady. She makes them for 12, day in and day out. Works of art and gastronomical delights. Here are just a few of them. Yes ....... they are for rabbits.

4 comments:

BZMOF said...

Those salads look wonderful! Your bunnies must feel very special to get such treats each day.

Keithius said...

Wow, those are some very special salads. The buns had better be grateful!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, these look good, what veggies do the buns eat everyday?

LauraHinNJ said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one making such pretty salads for the buns!

But for twelve! Jeesh! I thought 5 was a lot.

Great blog.